05 May 2010

I Like a Challenge

When I was playing Warcraft, I had the most fun when I was challenged.

History
Back in the Vanilla days, I three-manned Strat Dead Side with two friends. Shortly after that I two manned Scholo on a Stealth run with another Druid. Then in BC I three-manned Heroic Durnholde with a couple of guildies. It was great fun. There is a certain satisfaction that comes with accomplishing something a little out of the box. Sure, I doubt I was the first to do any of these things, in-fact it was a Pair of Mages completing Scholo that gave me the idea to try it with another Druid.

What If?
This got me thinking. If I was still playing today, what sort of challenges would I like to try?

Deadmines...
Yep, you heard me right. Deadmines. I am not talking about some post Cataclysm type Heroic revisited but the Original Deadmines. However I want to do it with a deference.

Raiding Deadmines...
Well this just sounds easier. But wait, there is more. The level requirement for entry into Deadmines is Level 10. Yet the recommended level is 15-20. I want to raid Deadmines with 10 level 10 toons. IMHO this would require proper playing and not just Zerging, but I could be wrong.

But Wait, There’s More!
If that wasn’t enough of a challenge, lets take it a step further. I would want to Multi-box the whole thing. That’s Right. 10 Players. 1-2 Tanks, 2 Healers and 6-7 DPSers. Its like raiding Hogger but with Less Chaos!

Possible?
Who knows, and unfortunately unless its been done already, we wont find out. Blizzard capped most 5man instances to 5 a year or so ago. Oh well, I’m not playing wow anyway so I’m not missing out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure why you feel the need to say tanks/DPS/healers. At level 10 you have 1 talent point and almost no gear possibilities to create the different roles. All the classes are missing key abilities to do their role in it as well. Not to mention mobs 10 levels higher then you attacks wont land taunts wont happen and heals wont be able to keep up. I get that you want a challenge, but that's just not possible.

Shane said...

Well level 15-20 then. ;)

Post a Comment