12 December 2007

More on Dual Boxing

Well it’s looking like this blog will be more on Dual Boxing than it is on Druids...No not really but it has got me going. I have now decided to go ahead and build my 2nd PC and I will also transfer my Balance Druid onto its own account;). Three Druids on three accounts on two PC's. I have been making plans on how to set up the controls for this and I am almost there. It will get rather confusing though;).
I figure this is also a great time to level some alts and take advantage of the Multi Accounting (Still don't know what to call it:P). I have a 40ish Shammy and a 20ish lock, So last night I rolled a Priest to join them.
So far the biggest hurdle has been working out how to bind the keys on one keyboard to control three characters. Based on the 2 different combinations, I have a work in progress idea.
Let’s start with the three Druids. I will break the Keyboard into three segments. The Keypad, the Cursor and home, delete etc keys and the main keyboard. I am used to using the main keyboard area anyway so I will leave that as it is for controlling the "Master" which will be the feral. Between the Balance and Resto Druid, there are more keys needed for Resto, so the Resto gets the Keypad and the balance gets the Cursor key area.
Now for the other three toons. This is more theory as they are low level and I do not really know what abilities I will be using but if I have the Shammy as the Master, using the keyboard, then I should be able to use both the Keypad and the cursor key area for both toons and just combine abilities and spells that are simular. ie I could bind a key to make both toons cast a DOT. I have already decided that I will not spec into Demonology with the lock as it will add a complexity that I am just not ready for.
I think that’s enough for today. I will pick up a case after work tonight and get this underway.

One last thing, this deserves a mention on BBBB's. It is a great post and a worthy cause.
Big Bear Butt Blogger: Child's Play season is here

Razor

Show the full post on its own page

0 comments:

Post a Comment