13 December 2007

Nothing is ever easy

I rushed out of work yesterday to catch the local computer shop before they closed. I picked up a case, baby keyboard and cheap mouse, with a rather nice discount;), and rushed home. I started putting it all together and went in search of spare HD's. I had 2. a 20gig IDE and a 60gig Sata. Of course the old M/B I had only supported IDE. Well my Wow installs are just under 8 gig each, so if I do a minimal install of XP I should just have the space. Time to install Windows XP. Everything is working fine until I start to Format the disk. Disk Error.

/sigh.

OK so now I have to go down and buy an IDE/Sata converter and I should be good to go tonight.
Fingers Crossed.

Since I could not work on the 2nd box last night, I decided to start setting up the Balance Druid. I decided to use the Focus Target as the Attack target and then started writing the macro's. The one thing I had to work out was how to break follow. After looking into it the only way to do this is to bind a key to movement. I decided to use my normal Walk Back Key, S, to do this. After a bit of trial and error I had a basic setup ready to go.

I flew up to the Ogre's above Shatt to test it out. Let’s just say this will take a lot of getting used to. Here are some of the issues....
- I attacked the target out of range of my balance druid.
- So I backed up to get into range.
- Balance Druid also backed up... into a pather.

- My Feral has Epic FF, my other two druids don't. /follow in flight is just painful. I may have to look at purchasing Normal Flight mounts for all my toons.

Razor

Show the full post on its own page

0 comments:

Post a Comment